Car Finance Deals and Options
At Rockingham Mazda, we’re here to get you driving the perfect new or used car for your needs and lifestyle - and to give you the best deal.
Whether you’re looking for a car to haul the kids to school, a new addition to your corporate fleet or just a comfortable and efficient work car to get you between appointments, we’ve got it.
With our no-obligation quotes and low-doc business loans, we make things easy and take care of all the paperwork.
Beyond great vehicle finance, Rockingham Mazda offers you years of experience in:
- extended warranties
- loan protection
- comprehensive insurance
Our dedicated Business Manager at Rockingham Mazda has strong relationships with lenders and is committed to giving you fast expert advice and knowledge.
Above all, our goal is to find or tailor the best finance package for your individual budget and lifestyle preferences. All this with same-day approvals available in most cases.
Simple car financing you can trust
Some places make vehicle financing sound more complicated than it really is. Not us.
When you come to Rockingham Mazda, we’ll take the time to sit down and discuss things with you.
We’ll explain how financing works and everything it includes. This discussion will be:
- No pressure
- No obligation
- Easy to understand
You’ll find out why so many customers like you, stay with Rockingham Mazda car after car.
What is a Consumer Mortgage?
When you talk ‘car loan’ you’re usually talking about a consumer mortgage. It is the most common way people buy cars.
In fact, it is estimated that 50% of all cars you see on the road are currently on a consumer mortgage.
Why are they so popular? For a start, you don’t have to put down a lump sum upfront, but you do take ownership of the car straight away.
Consumer loans are available for new and used cars (up to seven years old) where the vehicle is for personal use. It’s suitable for any car on the lot, from the top-of-the-range brand new models to our best-value used deals.
It is the loan that will get you driving the Mazda of your dreams.
How a consumer mortgage works?
- Choose your next car from our great range
- Talk to our helpful salesperson
- Our Business Manager will submit your finance application
- Approvals regularly come through on the same day
- You’re driving away in your new Mazda!
What are the features and benefits of a Consumer Loan?
Benefits of a consumer loan, - aka, a car loan or consumer mortgage- or car loan, can include:
- Flexible terms for payment and duration
- A residual can be applied to the loan, reducing the monthly instalments
- Competitive fixed interest rates
- A deposit can be used (either cash or trade in) to reduce the size of your loan.
What is a Chattel Mortgage (Goods Loan)?
A chattel mortgage, also called a business car loan or a goods loan, is a finance product made for vehicles purchased for commercial use.
Suitable for sole traders right up to corporate fleets, a chattel mortgage is a great option for working on the go.
From runabouts like the Mazda2, to BT-50 work utes and on to the Mazda6-driving sales reps - as long as more than 50% of the vehicle’s use is for business, a chattel mortgage is the way to go.
Even if you have only been in business for a short time and don’t have full financial documentation, our low-doc options make getting a business car loan easy.
Designed for business, chattel mortgages also help you claim back interest and depreciation, plus the terms are highly flexible.
How does a chattel mortgage work?
- Under a Chattel Mortgage, a finance company lends money to your business to purchase a car (the "chattel") and you make regular repayments.
- You take ownership of the vehicle at the time of purchase, but the finance company also takes out a "mortgage" over the vehicle by way of an ASIC-registered Charge to provide security for the loan.
- Once the term of the loan is completed and any residual (balloon) value is paid, the finance company removes the Charge, giving you clear title to the car. Alternatively, you can trade in the vehicle at this point.
Leasing and Novated Leases
What is a Novated Lease and what’s included?
A novated lease is a way you can obtain a vehicle plus have all of its running costs paid, but it’s all packaged through your employer as a Salary Sacrifice.
Your novated budget includes fuel, insurance, registration, maintenance, tyres and even car washes.
Come in to talk to about us novated leases and we can discuss your best options.
Car financing flexibility
Our flexible tailoring options are based on our already competitive terms and rates. It all goes towards finding a finance solution that suits your budgets and needs.
There are 3 main options:
- You can set your loan for a shorter term for fast payoff with the minimum of accrued interest
- You can focus on minimising repayments to suit a monthly household budget.
- You can pay a larger deposit upfront and reduce the overall size of your loan.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is your best rate?
A: Our rates are sharply competitive with the industry as a whole - they have to be. While your exact interest rate does depend on the situation, Rockingham Mazda can beat the banks 9 times out of 10.
Q: WIll I be approved for finance?
A: Yes - that’s almost always the answer. While we still need to get some details and look at your situation, most people qualify. Many are approved on the same day.
Q: Can you tailor the terms of my financing to my needs?
A: Yes, if you want to pay off your financing sooner or bring your repayment down to fit a monthly budget, we have the flexibility to help you.
Q: Do I need to make a deposit?
A: Not necessarily, but the best option is to contact us to discuss your exact situation.
Please note that the the information on this page is of a general nature only. You should consult with our Business Manager to obtain information specific to your situation or consult with your accountant.